Thursday 16 January 2014

Mixing Dyes from Primary Colours

Have you been interested in mixing primary dyes to get secondary and tertiary colours, and didn't quite know how to go about it?
If you are like me [I'm a bit of a scrooge and have only invested in the three primary colours plus black so far].
I would like to have a ready stock of colours made up so I can mix them according to a recipe [loosely] or use alone.
Here is a website to learn how to do that. I love it and now have a stock of colours ready and waiting, whenever I want them.
http://beemiceelf.blogspot.com.au/2009/03/tutorial-mixing-dyes.html

You can either use them as they are or mix them together to get more colours. If you make up a stock of black in the same way you can add these in tiny amounts to get shades. How good is that? :)



No comments:

Post a Comment