Sunday 10 May 2015

A visit to see Kira Mead- Quillie rug Artist

Great Sandy
Still on our travels in WA, and while in Albany, I happened to attend a Street festival,  and there, at a gallery with a large display of art entries,  I spotted a most delightful Quillie wall hanging of  beautiful reds. Checking the name card I noticed it was the work of Kira Mead, who happens to live in Albany. Obtaining her details from Jo, I emailed Kira and asked if I could come and visit.  She was happy to slot me in on short notice as we were leaving Albany the following day. I was so happy to have done this as her work is spectacular.


Kira will be teaching at the Rug Hooking and More weekend in Perth early June. So go check out her lovely wall rugs if you are in the area.

'So What'

This lovely hanging of greens and the compliment red has had fairy lights inserted in the folds and lights up the green to a lovely chartreuse green. It is called 'Cosmic Peacock'

 'Licorice Labyrinth'



No comments:

Post a Comment