Saturday 23 May 2015

May Meeting of the Yarra Valley Rug makers

There were five members present at the last meeting, with I-Chris, still galavanting around our fair country, but still keeping the group  up to date with my rug hooking adventures.
Joy is still working on her lovely stair treads, while Sandra has almost finished her Shawn the Sheep rug and  just deciding on what colour to use for a border.


Wendy  was working on a sampler of all different techniques that can be used in rugmaking, which should be interesting. I am sure we will know by the next meeting what her different techniques are. Anne decided to drag out her Gene Shepherds 'Fowl Mood" rooster rug, which she started a few years back but never got around to finishing, even though it looks like she hardly started it.


This is the oriental rug Yours truly is working on at home- even though I am not at home right now to work on it.
I am however working- even though spasmodically- on the last of my portrait rugs. This is Milly, grandchild number six. I admit I haven't done a great deal on it, being occupied in other ways while on holidays, buuut little by little.

X

Our next meeting, Saturday 14th June, will be at Sandra's home in Hastings, depending on how many might be able to make it.  Cheers until next time :)

NOTE: If anyone is interested in rugmaking, you are most welcome to come to Sandra's home in Hastings on Saturday 13th June. We'll begin about 10.30am. See comments for details. 

2 comments:

  1. Anyone who might be interested in rugmaking, you are most welcome to come to my home here in Hastings on Saturday 13th June. We'll begin about 10.30am - just give me a ring on 5979 1237 if you can make it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. After due consideration (absence of quite a lot of the rughooking experts), the June meeting scheduled for the 13th has been cancelled. Hopefully we can all get together again on 11th July.

    ReplyDelete