Friday 29 July 2016

Home Schooling Proggy Workshop

Yesterday, I had the most wonderful opportunity and privilege to teach a group of twelve home schooled children the craft of proggy rug making.
I was pleasantly surprised at how quickly they picked it up. They all drew their own creative designs onto the hessian backing and very soon they were off and progging away in all colours of the rainbow. I was absolutely delighted at their skill levels, given their limited tools. Some even got inventive and brought thick wooden knitting needles. Most of the children used the proggers and home made pvc frames I had provided for their first time though, although some used embroidery hoops. The children will continue to work on their project throughout the term and I am looking forward to being invited back to see their finished mats.
Some parents, when they saw how much their children enjoyed the craft offered to make pvc frames for them.

If you would like to learn the craft of either proggy or hooky rug making in a small group setting please leave a message for me [Chris]. I give workshops in my home at Loch, of which the proceeds are donated to missions in India and Uganda.


No comments:

Post a Comment